Mags
Misc.
Stuff
Other
Sites
About &
Awards

Aliens Forum

Register Register   Memberlist Members   Profile Your Profile   Log in Log In/Out  
(Advanced)  
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens
THREAD: role reversal   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

if there is any character that you could bring back, who would it be outta the following?
Hicks
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Bishop
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ash
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dallas
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Vaz
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hudson
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Dillon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wierzbowski
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kane
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

corporal_hicks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:36 am    Post subject: role reversal Reply with quote

what if... ripley became the menace and call became the good girl? its time for ripley to change. seeing her save the world over and over and over is just too predictable nowadays. Let call take over, and ripley become human kinds fiercest enemy, who, wether shes leading aliens or not, will f*** you up! for REalz! and it passes the torch (to someone else, not necessarily call either), and sets the stage for a possibly suspensful, surprising and shocking movie. Like, noone saw ash being an android comming back in the day... why cant future alien movies re-capture those feelings?

-swift
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
abake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly what I had in mind in my post about what should happen in Alien 5!
Ripley is the monster! She is a mutation, unpredictable, mean, menacing. And she has more than a passing liking for her brethern (the aliens). We've seen all that in Ressurection, now it's time to take it to its logical conclusion. And that would bring the element of surprise, the fear of the unknown we had in Alien! It could lead to a real paranoia trip lá The Thing.
Yeah, that would be awesome!

EDIT: And why would you bring back Kane?
Hudson!
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:27 am    Post subject: Ripley going bad Reply with quote

Yeah, sure Riply could go bad, but that's what is so cool about her, her fierce nature now.
Now guys, seriously, call playing the god girl?
come on now, as much as a fan that I am, Winona Ryder lacks what do you call it...talent?
If it were up to her to carry the storyline, screw that, the story has just finished, I wouldn't have to see the movie to know how it ends.
As I said in anotehr poll ("Alien 5"), if anyone is going to be seen as the good guys, make it the Predators, or evn the aliens, THAT is the 'change 'you want to see. not Call.
Rememebr in panic room how you get to view the movie from the crooks perspective? And you feel sorry for one of them eventuall? Well imagine the predators are hunting the planet and we are watching it from their view, then the Aliens, then the humans. That's a movie, none of the Alien movies have shown it from the Aliens view yet, which I guess is good for the movie (And NO I didn't mean "their view" as in Alien 3, "through the eyes" view, but more like in Alien 4 where you see how the 3 aliens communicate in their own wordless manner.)
What do you think?
"WE'RE MEAN!!"
"HUDSON??!!"
corporal_hicks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:59 am    Post subject: sympathy for the devil? Reply with quote

i dont know, i dont think you can get much out of
the aliens pov, because of the attributes in the movies
and comic books that have been placed on them, so far:

1. they are emotionless, and act without remorse when killing.
2. they act in unison (with exception of hive war)
3. the only reasons to live are to serve & protect the queen,
or propogate the species.

Also, there are no disagreement, no quarells, no deaths unless it protects
or benifits the queen (alien 4).

Granted some think that winona doesnt have much talent, or show much fierceness, but look at ripley in the first movie! she was a wimp who barely escaped with her life. She screamed in that movie, like a girl, whereas in subsequent movies, she groans, grunts, and yells in fury.
I think call could grow in the following movie; become battle hardened the same way ripley was in aliens.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: