Mags
Misc.
Stuff
Other
Sites
About &
Awards

Aliens Forum

Register Register   Memberlist Members   Profile Your Profile   Log in Log In/Out  
(Advanced)  
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens
THREAD: My thoughts on Alien 5   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 9:06 am    Post subject: My thoughts on Alien 5 Reply with quote

First off, I wouldn't do AvP before Alien 5. And I wouldn't mix the two, meaning I think the Alien/Ripley story should run its course and AvP should be something completely new. Of course, both series should be acknowledged in AvP. AvP should take place somewhere inbetween Alien3 and Ressurection.
Now to Alien 5.
I believe whoever does it should go back to the original format. Thriller/Horror movie set in space with a lot of suspense. No gung-ho action movie. I wouldn't try to re-invent the alien. Somehow that hasn't really worked. Trying to make the alien more frightening than he originally was is silly IMHO... let's face it, we've grown used to it, hell, we love the damn beast! And re-inventing it a la "newborn" was plain silly. Go back to the original, menacing, stalking alien and you're being smart in acknowledging the fans' familiarity with the beast.
So, what do you do if your monster isn't really frightening, but rather interesting? What do you do if you have no monster anymore?
Who said the alien should be the monster? I think there is a much more frightening creature now. Ripley is the monster. She is the alien. The mutation. She is the unpredictable element. Her DNA is part alien, who knows what goes on in her head?
Now that woyuld be an interesting twist on the story!
corporal_hicks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject: ripley Reply with quote

i think ripley should become a were-alien, where as she changes nightly into an alien queen or something and takes people hostage and captures them and stores them in a nest somewhere on earth. Concurrently, i think they should try to bring in some elements of the aliens book/graphic novels' storyline where an external force, such as the space jockey race, trys to manipulate and places the aliens on earth long before the dawn of man, causing a planned extinction, and in a few years possibly another one.
Meanwhile, ripley has to cope with her were abilities, and find out where she's taking the people when she changes and why, before bad stuff happens. Also, somewhere in all this mess, she hasto get back to the alien homeworld for some sort of resolution.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yojimbo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that since the Queen changed to a human reproductive cycle, that Ripley should start laying eggs. Makes sense.. she could go all 'Resident Evil Code:Veronica' Alexia-ish and mutate all distorted and stuff and develop a giant egg chamber and Call tries to kill her.. kinda like the roles reversed from ALIENS..

but Alas, RIPLEY WINS AND THE EARTH IS COVERED IN ALIENS! YEAH!

And dude.. it'd have to be gung ho.. ALIENS set the precedent for later films. FOX knows action sells and it's one of their only action sci-fi franchises that has a true following (even if they do ignore the fan feedback). So if there is an ALIEN 5, you can count on it being action packed.
corporal_hicks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:07 pm    Post subject: i think Reply with quote

that before they do alien 5, they should get done with avp, and then possibly merge the alien mainstream storyline with the fallout of the avp, and the same with predator 3.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PFC Hudson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think an ALIEN prequel/sequel kind of deal would be great, have the movie be almost two parts, a la 2001, the first part being the alien's home planet, which would basically be one big Giger painting, and witness the destruction of the space jockey race and the attempted escape of "Poor Yorick" who crashes on LV-426. Then, if you demanded upon using Ripley and Co. from Resurrection, they discover that the USM had been doing alien research on Earth, and the Betty's crew is seized. They try to study Ripley, but Ripley is becoming more and more of the anti-hero by the moment, and she actually frees the aliens into the base to spite the USM and the "company" who'd spited her all these years, and she becomes more and more alien-like, loving to kill, until she meets a little girl, very reminiscent of Newt, bringing Ripley's humanity back and she tidys up her mess, then they return to Archon and since she's apparently got some sort of phsycic sense for the aliens, discover the partial remains of the derelict, and most importantly, the original message that started the entire series and finally discovers the aliens home planet, and Ripley is home...and ther's potential for it to end to come full circle, or for another sequel.

PFC W. Hudson 2/9th USCMC Gateway
Hudson!
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:50 am    Post subject: Alien 5 and Aliens vs Predator Reply with quote

Good evening everybody, this is my first ever post, and believe me, I wouldn't post something unless I wanted someone to read it!
I live in Australia, and have been collecting Aliens *stuff* (Means LOTS of things...) for over 10 years now, and I have read articles about an Avp movie ever since 1992. How's that for a gap in time?
Anyway, it's about time!
I've spent the last few weeks wetting my pants in anticipation, holding my breath, and doing a few other assorted forms of self mutilation in disbelief of the movie.
Even though this is not going to change any outcome of the movie, I just want to be the first person to say it:
In the next movie (AvP I mean) the humans should simply...get in the way. Understand? The Alien and the Predator are the 2 most fearsome and ruthless hunter/killers in the GALAXY, so how about we lay off our cocky nature for 2 hours and give the audience what they want. Because seriously, the Aliens have survived for god knows how long in the deepness of space, and the predators have been hunting since the 17th century (Even longer). So really, the human race would be utterly NOTHING compared to the other foes they have encountered, AND SURVIVED.
You know, an action/horror movie can have a bad ending, but who says the humans dying is bad? Imagine the end of a movie where aliens become an infestation and the predators all come to Earth because of the hunt. Humans get killed because we are heavily outnumbered and don't have the technology to beat the Aliens and predators.
Who is with me. Maybe the movie shouldn't go as I've said, but let's let the Predators walk away alive this time, and same with the Aliens. This is yet to happen!
Maybe I'm just wasting webspace, but it's not too far fetched at all.
Thanks for your time!
[/quote]
"WE'RE MEAN!!"
"HUDSON??!!"
abake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100%!
Humans don't always have to win in the end.
PFC Hudson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I've been saying for years! And it's not only the ALIEN and PREDATOR series, we've gotta have a good movie where the bad guys win.

Also, as a side note, it's great to see another old-school fan, no offense to those of you out there who are, but there are a lot of fans who've just "signed on" since the ALIEN vs. PREDATOR video game, and to a lesser extent, ALIEN: Resurrection. Jeeze...I remember when Resurrection was an unsubstantiated rumor....

PFC W. Hudson 2/9th USCMC Gateway
abake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?
Are you kidding me?
I can remember when Aliens was a rumor!

Smile
Arti-Em

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any of you read the Aliens vs Preadator vs Terminator comics?
its a sequil to Alien Rassurection, and i absolutly LOVE the ending of lt ripely in this one...
of corse, if they make IT the fith movie, and still want ripely in a sith, then they can use the storyline of Female War, where she is an android more advanced than call, with a little ripely dna and memorys...
But seriously, the AvPvT rocks!
Yojimbo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooooo!!! Not a ripley Android!!!
gaaaaah!

Anyone play Starcraft? Ya know how Kerrigan become one of the brood? That's what Ripley should do! She should become like the new queen all "Species"-ish and stuff.. That'd rock
corporal_hicks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: yeah Reply with quote

ripley becomming more like the aliens is definately interestin. i think they should bring hicks back regardless. he was the best badass motha around... AAAAAAAAND in the comics ... his character gets alot of depth added to him to make him the most well rounded, troubled character outta the whole series. ok, basically, SCREW RIPLEY, IT SHOULD BE HICKS' TIME NOW!!!! hehehe i had to get that outta my system.
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: