Mags
Misc.
Stuff
Other
Sites
About &
Awards

Aliens Forum

Register Register   Memberlist Members   Profile Your Profile   Log in Log In/Out  
(Advanced)  
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens
THREAD: So, nobody's seen it yet?   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: So, nobody's seen it yet? Reply with quote

Most fans seem to like the movie a lot.
Damn.
I'll have to wait for another month! Evil or Very Mad
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

film looks alright, why dont you go and see it for yourself instead of being a leming and follow what others think instead of making your own mind up!
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like aliens resurection! tis a good film, not as good as others mind but its still good!
Yojimbo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally loved AvP
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks well good!!!!!. is there any blood in it or any chest busting?
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

45 mins! fuckin hell! how the hell can they drag burrowing dow through the ice out soooooooo long, 45 mins! ill be asleep with boredome!

still gona see it though, you only live once may aswell do as much as you can in the time you got, (thats my philosophy) Very Happy
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am indeed! Very Happy i too niticed that but didnt pick it up as i think its time stop getting on eachothers case over silyl spelling mistkes! (that you started!)
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dow?
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not that i cant spell! its that i type very quickly and can neva be arsed to check what iv written afta iv written it! basically
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did wonber wyu it wa slike tha t
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only kiddin' Lt Very Happy Very Happy
Colby

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was sick. I mean sure it would have been 100 times better if it was based on the comic but over all i thought it was good, not amazing but good enogh, I left satisfied
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! your sooooooooooo funny pretty wires! i wish i was as origional in my humour as you! Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your senses are correct!
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i blame 1138 for stiring things up!
Yojimbo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Meeting with Anderson Reply with quote

First of all, this screening was made up of industry professionals and filmmakers. No actors, but David Fincher, (Director of Alien 3) was there, which was cool. Now the audience were trying to be respectful in the beginning but as the film unfolded, the audience ended up really trashing the film. It was astounding to see Anderson's colleagues and friends openly making fun of his film, with him in the room!

When the Predator took off his helmet in front of Lex after the explosions someone shouted "Gimme some sugar, baby." I mean, this movie was bad, but I didn't expect these people to be so blatant about it.

When Anderson and the effects guys approached the tables, they were smirking with each other. The first subject that came up, no thanks to me, was the length and PG-13 rating.

So here it is, from the horses mouth.

About the studio's cutting of the film, which he had no control over, he said, "All of the best scenes were cut." Anderson was obviously very annoyed at the way the film was released. However, this was not purely because of the PG-13 limitation, which incidentally, the studio enforced THREE WEEKS before the release date! It was always going to be R until then. Part of the reason for the cutting was that some of the effects were not ready by the time the release date came around. The effects team had very little time to do anything.

As far as the content that was cut, apparently we see all those who die, die on screen, but he also said that there is a sub-plot that we will have to wait for on DVD. Yes there will be an R-rated Director's cut DVD although they don't know the release date yet.

Anderson tactfully pinned the fault of the poor quality of the film on the studio's cut. We all know that the script and performances was not quite up to par either.

"What specifically, makes you [Anderson] such a fan of the original 6 films?"

He went on to say that he thought they each had their own unique voice and were incredibly creative within a genre that often leads to purely formulaic films. He said that he was attempting to add his own unique voice to the series while paying hommage to the original source material. He also thought that the creatures, were the two greatest inventions in Science Fiction history. Someone then said, "Beyond lightsabers?" and he replied, "yes, even beyond lightsabers."

Some other effects questions were asked, which had some cool insights. The explosion sequence encompassed for half the budget, which was only 65mil in the first place (for a film like this, this is nothing), and all the shifting of the walls, yes ALL OF IT, was completely CGI. There were no moving live sets. Also, they changed the appearance of the Queen slightly, adding a ridge to her crown and taking away, what they call, the "high heals" that she wore (the second reverse knee). Also, 80% of all the shots with an Alien in it was the hydraulic Alien they built.

"I know that the AVP project has been surrounded by controversy since the first attempt in the early nineties. Why did you choose to not use any of the pre-existing stories, the original comic series, the Peter Briggs script, etc?"

He said that he wanted to make the film his own. He also proclaimed that he'd had the idea for this film ever since seeing Predator 2. He also said that the Peter Briggs script is completely off-limits, shelved indefinately by Dark Horse and they won't let anyone tough it.

Anderson said due to the "mangling" of the film, there was a lot left out. One asked, "Does that include the acceleration of the alien life cycle or was that just conveniant."

"No, no, the machine that the Predators built to house the Queen pumps her full of hormones that accelerate the birth of the creatures. If we'd seen the REAL film, we'd know that."

The answer to why Aliens attacked the incubated predator was that the alien inside the Predator was not sanctified by the Aliens because it was essentially a different species due to the DNA reflex the Alien's possess.

The Q&A wrapped up with talks about the digital intermediate and the difference between working with Super35 and Anamorphic.
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can truly believe that this kind of problem with execs cutting films about happens,that it may have happened to AvP is a shame(I still think it's to do with reaching a wider market for merchandising purposes).
The Alien and Predator franchise should always remain an 18 affair,after all that is what made it what it is today,a modern sci fi horror.
That said at least we can expect something more from the DVD,assuming the rumours are true,and hopefully when this does eventually get released on the disc we can see the film how it was meant to be shown,all be it on a screen some hundred times smaller! Confused
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i directors cut would be awsome!
Giger's Alien

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all. Long time, no speak. Well, AvP. It came. It showed. It sucked ass. Honestly, I was so angry when leaving the thearter( spelling?). I had hope. I was optimistic. But that all went to shit. Gah! Its...its like the illigitimate bastard child of the original trilogy. It was worse thank Alien4( but Alien4 is a whole other topic). Its done to the Alien trilo what "Batman and Robin" did to "Batman". And Lex as the female human predator? C'mon! Machiko Naguchi. I know there are other human-predator characters out there, but the big one was Machiko. Am I right or am I right? Grumble...
And I know I say this all the time. I'm like a broken fuckin record. Im sorry, but I cant stress it enough: Tom Woodruff Jr. and Alec Giliss( i think)...what the hell man? The aliens werent ALIENS...they were...bugs...like "Starship Troopers" ( I know there are ST fans. Understand that that is a different genre)...for christs sake, the aliens and the queen roared...and groweled. Not a single eerie hiss or " haaaah". I just dont get it. Its like a slap to the face( of fans). Disrespectful.
Thats all. I just needed to vent ( thats just the short version). YOu guys have probably heard this all a thousand times already...too bad. You'll hear it some more. Keep on truckin'.
-G.A.
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah!!!
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fuck up! I will see it when it comes out I know I will and I will desperately try to like it but going by G As review and all the others here...well I dont know what, G A said it when he wrote "disrespectful",it is...very..
When you get to like something for its uniqueness such as alien,and predator for that matter,it is embarassing when someone does something with it that completely goes against all it stands for and it looks like anderson has done this with AvP...Someone needs to rescue the franchise with a film that does Alien justice,predator will survive this,ironically,but our acid blooded being?Well,here's spitting at you kid...
Panzercop
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all Alien fans, just thought I too add my 2 cents.
I too felt the Aliens acted like the bugs from Starship Troopers. What happened to the Alien Queen from Aliens? Atleast in that movie she moved like Manute Bol! Awkward but seemed to include some believability of a 16 foot tall creature. Now it's like a stick figure rhino ramming any and everything in it's path! Isn't any possible broken bone/punctured skin could lead to self meltdown? Shocked

And for any battle royal between A n P comes down to back side sneak attacks? Where was the great face off? The titanic struggle? Reminded me of those 30 year old Kung Fu movies. The hero just has to flick his wrist and the bad guy (choose one) goes flying, gets knifed, speared, head cut off, punctured, etc. Rolling Eyes

Okay studios, please just give in to James Cameron and Alien 5. Idea
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good point well put. Very Happy
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i belive we should all meet up and make our own avp film, the way we want it, it may be on a shoe string budget and have home made props, but it would be super fun, and more faithful two the origional franchises than this basturdised cross over!!!
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how old are you pretty wires? id estimate about 80 , as your a right moaning old sod!

no offence

p.s is there ANYTHING you actully like?
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah i remember him sayin that, sorry man thought you were having a go, you cant blame me to miss interprite things as im only 16 but come on! you could have at least put it in inverted commers!

id like to see plenty of killing! bloood and guns!!!!!!

when its done u gota send it me dude!
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg!! lol, you do my head in some times!
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: