Mags
Misc.
Stuff
Other
Sites
About &
Awards

Aliens Forum

Register Register   Memberlist Members   Profile Your Profile   Log in Log In/Out  
(Advanced)  
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens
THREAD: Same Music?   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Same Music? Reply with quote

Elliot Goldenthal wrote the musical scores for Alien 3 and Batman Forever. I was watching Batman Forever recently and I noticed something in the scene where Dick Grayson takes on the thugs in the alley. The music used in that scene is almost identical to the scene where Ripley runs into those guys in the garbage dump who try to rape her. It sounds exactly the same except that it was remixed and edited. Am I the only person to hear this? Am I imagining things or did Elliot really use the same music twice? If anybody else has heard what I'm talking about it would make me feel better to know that I'm not crazy.
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont have a copy of the Batman film in question but it could be just a case of same artist same style maybe,you should try and record them both on to tape(audio) and compare them directly one after the other,just to make sure...
Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I knew about Jerry Goldsmith's score, but this is the first time I have ever heard anything like this. Using popular songs like, "Come Fly With Me" by Frank Sinatra is understandable, I just didn't think much about the music. I always thought that orchestral scores were made for that specific movie. Well, I guess you learn something every day. I personally think it's kind of fun that there's this little easter egg in that film, intentional or not.
Yojimbo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Die Hard Reply with quote

actually, I watched Die Hard on DVD in class this past semester, and I was the only person who was like "Hey! That's the music from ALIENS!".. of cours everyone else gave me a look like "you freak".. but anyway, I noticed it.. also the bit in Batman Forever that was in Alien3, was in 3 before Batman, and they are both the same composer, so he may have just said "I know.. I just reuse this piece!".. Elliot Goldenthaal right?

Also.. here's another one.. in Very Bad Things (and a coupel others I can't recall), when Daniel Stern is all paranoid in the gas station store, you'll notice a piece of music that sounds VERY similar to the first music track on the Half-Life soundtrack.. it's a conspiracy!
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: