Mags
Misc.
Stuff
Other
Sites
About &
Awards

Aliens Forum

Register Register   Memberlist Members   Profile Your Profile   Log in Log In/Out  
(Advanced)  
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens
THREAD: No Ripley?   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: No Ripley? Reply with quote

I was just wondering...

With Sigourney Weaver being like 60 something, and she can't do Alien films forever, how would you guys react if Fox decides to keep the Alien franchise going and, either continue, or start from scratch new Alien movies without Sigourney Weaver? I seriously doubt this'll ever happen, but I was just wondering what you guys thought.

I think it could be done, but something like that would have to be done carefully. The right script and the right director could pull off a good parallel story. Just for the record, I feel we don't need any more movies, however, I appreciate Fox keeping my favorite franchise going for as long as it did.
abake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point is moot anyway.
If AvP does well, Fox will start a new franchise based on that movie, if does badly, there will be no more Alien and/or Predator movies...
At least, that's the way I see it.
Having sadi that, I've no problem witht he series going on without Ripley, provided they give the character some closure.
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,
I only joined this site the other day and havent yet had time to read all past posts so if I say something thats already been discussed then well,that's life eh?
Anyway I heard a rumour that Ridley scott wants to make the next Alien film as he said he wants to end it once and for all,wether that'll happen now that that computer game has been made into film i just dont know,
Having said that however I think a good film could be made about how the derelict craft was involved in the whole saga,maybe go back in time to see how it all started,what d'ya think?
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dare I say it sounds a bit like Aliens,no disrespect here bud,it's just got that similar feel of kinda blackmailing Ripley to go and "hunt" down the aliens for study/research then get the shit kicked outta them for their troubles,but it does have that film like sound to its plot,but what do I know...?
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: