Mags
Misc.
Stuff
Other
Sites
About &
Awards

Aliens Forum

Register Register   Memberlist Members   Profile Your Profile   Log in Log In/Out  
(Advanced)  
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens
THREAD: Alien3 Special Edition   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Facehugger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Alien3 Special Edition Reply with quote

Yesterday I finally cracked into the Alien Quadrilogy. I watched the Alien3 special Edition and the Alien Resurrection Special Edition. I honestly think that the Alien3 Special Edition was a much better movie than the theatrical release. It would be fair to say that I absolutely hated Alien3, but the special edition wasn't all that bad. I've only watched the movie three times though. It just may be that I need some more viewings to appreciate the movie fully (I hated The Ring the first time I saw that, but after subsequent viewings, I absolutely love it).

Now, normally, I don't dwell too much on small particulars (that's geeky fanboy behavior Wink ), but I do appreciate at least an attempt at continuity in a flim - especially between series of flims. Here's a glaring disruption in continuity that bothered me (I'm sure you heard this before, but I just noticed it): How did the eggs get on board the Sulaco? The Queen left her eggsac in her chamber, and Ripley pretty much fried the rest. Spontaneous generation? Did she stop at the store on the way? "I'll be there in a minute. I just have to stop by the grocery store and pick up a few eggs!"

What's the deal with this? Question
Facehugger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I have decided that I am going to apply the same attitude that I am developing for Alien3 to AvP. I am not going to hate this movie before it is even released. I read an interview with Paul Anderson, and after hearing him talk about it (as opposed to Moriarty from AICN), it seems to have potential. I liked Anderson's previous films. I like Predator. And I LOVE Alien. Sometimes, the best thing to do is chill from being a fanboy and just relax and enjoy the movie. Wink

On a side note you have to know that I will still be chanting the mantra, "Please don't suck. Please don't suck..."
Facehugger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Here's one for you. Riddle me this: In Alien, what does Ash say after Parker comments on how big the xenomorph was when it kills Brett? "Gained some" or "Kane's son"? I've listened to the thing a million times, and I'm still not sure.
Facehugger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUH! I didn't even think of that. Embarassed
abake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kane's son"
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: