Mags
Misc.
Stuff
Other
Sites
About &
Awards

Aliens Forum

Register Register   Memberlist Members   Profile Your Profile   Log in Log In/Out  
(Advanced)  
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens
THREAD: Alien 1 subtitle   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Facehugger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is space trucker jargon. Jargon means "technical language", if you are not familliar with the term. I don't recall those lines being said, as they are really incidental to the movie. The word "prime" is being used as "prepare". So, "Prime the port" could be interpreted as "Prepare the port". The same would go for "Prime dorsal" and "Prime ventral". Dallas appears to be asking for some sort of reading from a mock machine on the Nostromo when he says, "Give me an A.C. pressure reading". I actually remember Dallas(?) saying, "Kick on the floods" when they first step away from the Nostromo to investigate the alien signal. That phrase means, "Turn on the floods (flood lights)". The first and the last lines are jargon relating to some Nostromo machinery. That's the best I can do without hearing the lines in context to the visual image. I hope this helps you.
abake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly that is when they're either getting ready to disengage form the refinery or already in Acheron's atmosphere, right?

She's probably refering to engines/thrusters.
the_plebe
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorsal and Ventral are terms describing the location of something, usually on a body. For example, on a person the "dorsal" side is the back and the "ventral" side is the chest and stomach. In this case they are "priming" or preparing to fire thrusters that are on the top and bottom of the Nostromo.

"Kick on the floods" means to turn on the outside lights (or floodlights in this case)

The D.O.R.s and A.C. pressure references could mean anything -- they are probably made up acronyms that sound technical so you could put anything there that sounds right.
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: