Mags
Misc.
Stuff
Other
Sites
About &
Awards

Aliens Forum

Register Register   Memberlist Members   Profile Your Profile   Log in Log In/Out  
(Advanced)  
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens
THREAD: A few pics of my collection   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: A few pics of my collection Reply with quote

I haven't been around for a long time, so I just wanted to show you guys some pics of my collection...

Hope you like them.
And if you have any pics, post them here.[/img]
abake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I take it you've been going crazy over the McFarlane figures.

I guess you could say that, yeah...
I've been waiting for 24 years to get decent figures from the alien movies, so yeah, I had a field day with McF's and Aoshima's offerings!

Quote:
Do the posted pics have to be physically online

Yes, you need a website that'll let you host pics, for starters. Try Snapfish, they usually work pretty well (the only place I haven't been able to post pics is at the gamegossip forums).
What you do is you right click on the pic, look up the "properties" and copy paste the URL using the Img button, much the same way you "quote" something.
It's pretty easy, really.
abake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, really, it's easy...
Shocked

And free, as well.
Facehugger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures. I really liked the ones that you have posted on your site. Cool Where did you get those backdrops? I wouldn't mind trying my hand at some Alien photography.
abake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you enjoyed the pics!

The backdrops are on McFarlane's Spawn site, just look for the "Alien & Predator" feature.
Facehugger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice stuff, and sweet paint jobs on your models. I also have the AMT/ERTL Model (I actually have three of them - I got them for $3.95 a piece), but I haven't put it together yet. I have a fairly decent sized collection, but right now probably 90% of it is in storage in the basement of my apartment building. Plus, I don't know how to post pics on this site anyway. By the way, I have a lot of dupes of figures (I try to buy things in threes) so if anyone is interested in trading anything let me know.
Facehugger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a fairly new collector. I loved Alien since I was a kid, but until recently I never had the urge to own any figures other than the Kenner 18" that I got for Christmas in '79. So, I have been playing catch-up. I don't collect as investment, either. I get stuff that I love. I prefer action figures, statues, and preassembled models over kits, simply because I don't care for building models (painting is another story). However, I am not a cheap bastard, and I will drop a wad of cash to get a figure that I want. I get dupes mainly for trading, and sometimes just because I want a few of a particular figure. Go figure. I am weird that way.

Well, I do happen to have three of those facehuggers and three of the chestbursters that you posted. As I mentioned before, majority of my collection is stored, and right now I am more interested in growing my collection than selling it off. I'll trade, but that's all. Anyway, those are fairly common on ebay, and you can get them for $10-$20, give or take. That's where I got mine. I got a complete set of the Hasbro Alien Resurrection series, including a facehugger and a chestburster, for $60. There are good deals out there, but you have to be careful about who you buy from.

WARNING: DO NOT BUY RECASTS FROM THAILAND SELLERS!!! I learned the hard way. I bought a recast Kaiyodo Alien Warrior from a Thai seller, and it is a piece of crap. Mad It seems to be a 700th generation recast. All the detail is gone from the model, and there is is a ton of flash. There is so much flash and so little detail that it's hard to tell where the model ends and the flash begins. Think about it. Why would a 1:1 scale "Halcyion" model be so cheap? The answer is: because it's a crappy recast that sucks. I bought the Tsukuda 1:1 preassembled Facehugger, and that thing is awesome - as are all of the Tsukuda models. However, I paid $150 for it. So, you get what you pay for (unless you find a sweet deal, I suppose...)
Facehugger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get that little chestburster animation, and how did you get it to show up on your post?
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: