Mags
Misc.
Stuff
Other
Sites
About &
Awards

Aliens Forum

Register Register   Memberlist Members   Profile Your Profile   Log in Log In/Out  
(Advanced)  
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens
THREAD: What is your favorite Alien figure?   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Facehugger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: What is your favorite Alien figure? Reply with quote

What's your favorite Alien figure? This could be a toy/action figure, model, or statue. My vote has to go with the 1979 18" Kenner Alien. This is the guy that started it all (the Grandaddy, if you will), and, in my opinion, it is simply the best looking. You have to admit, the working jaws are the sweetest of any Alien figure. So, what's your favorite? Anyone Question
Giger's Alien

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Hmmmm... Reply with quote

Well, the '79 Kenner Alien is pretty awesome, mainly due to the fact that it is the only alien figure with a jaw " mechanism". Althouth it is true that the new Kubrick and Mez-It aliens have little " mechanisms", they are far too small and a bit silly looking( still cool though). I will go with the '79 alien figure. Its super-detailed, super-huge, and is an action figure with true " actions"! Not to mention a glow-in-the-dark brain! But had Kenner made the 3 3/4 inch Alien figures, I think that the little alien would have been cooler.

-Giger's Alien " When life throws you a lemon, pick the lemon up and kick life in the face. Then throw the lemon away."
Facehugger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree. Though, I would have to say that that Medicom's RAH "Big Chap" does come in a close second. It also has a working jaw and a glowing brain encased in a clear dome. Additionally, the G.I. Joe base makes it far more poseable than the Kenner figure. However, the Kenner figure is the most accurate representation of the creature from that movie. Okay, so far the 1979 Kenner is in the lead with two votes. Damn, I love Alien figures!

P.S. I just scored a MIB Aliens vs Colonel Hicks on ebay for $9.99!!!
Panzercop
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kenner 1979 Alien probably is the hands down winner. Not only for being the first figure available but also for the most copied (from Tsukuda jumbo figure thru Halcyon kit to reissue Tsukuda). Very Happy Great size and features, albeit stiff limbs but how else would one support a figure of that size with "loose" limbs.

For the same reason of being first issued I always like the Kaiyodo Alien Queen kit. Smile Though the Kenner action figure (with slime egg chamber, not the individual carded one) and the Halcyon AQ are nice renditions too. But the Tsukuda AQ giving birth to the Alien Ressurrection Confused I just don't go for pregnant mom giving birth (to an old looking baby) thru C section. Embarassed

The Medicom "Big Chap" is also a fine sculpt with posability to boot. Cool But what about his cheap cousin the Hasbro Wal-Mart exclusive?
Facehugger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Kaiyodo kit the same sculpt after which the Tsukuda/Halcyion 1/12 figure was modeled? Too bad Tsukuda didn't make that one 1/6 scale like the rest of the figures. That would have been fabulous. Imagine a diorama made from all those large models. Spectacular.

I agree with you on the Tsukuda "birthing" Queen. That's the only Tsukuda model that I don't like.

I'm hoping that Neca does make a large "old school" Alien, either from Alien or Aliens. I'm not too hip on the Alien3 creature at all, and I'm tired of red Aliens with those wacky horse legs. What's with the all red anyway? The Aliens in Resurrection looked black to me. I'm also hoping that McFarlane comes out with some cooler old style Aliens for the new AvP series. If Paul Anderson is as big of a fanboy as he says, he will remove the horse legs and return the fifth spike on the AvP Aliens. We'll see...
Facehugger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. The Alien Resurrection Warrior Drone from Kenner is definitely a cheesier version of the Japanese figure, but it has a certain charm to it (at least for me). Then again, what else would you expect? WALMART Alien. 'Nuff said! Laughing
abake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be incredibly cheap and cite the MM5 alien as my fave alien toy, closely followed by the Aoshima figure.
Facehugger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the MMV Alien and the Aoshima Aliens are great figures. I own and love them both. With the exception of the Queen, who is great, the MMVI Aliens were somewhat of a disappointment. I own them, but I don't love them.
biomechmonster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say, of the figures I own, the Palisades Alien Queen Bust is my favorite, she's my little darling! Very Happy Although the Kenner '79 Alien is something of a holy grail for me.
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: