Mags
Misc.
Stuff
Other
Sites
About &
Awards

Aliens Forum

Register Register   Memberlist Members   Profile Your Profile   Log in Log In/Out  
(Advanced)  
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens
THREAD: McFarlane does Avp (again)!   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: McFarlane does Avp (again)! Reply with quote

New McF figs for the new AvP movie!

Yay!

http://board.spawn.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=156772

Excellent! Can't wait to get my hands on these. Hopefully we'll also get the Aliens' drone/warrior...[/quote]
abake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, no alien fans here?
Am I the only one who still gets excited over new alien and predator action figures?
Facehugger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any pics of the new figures? I clicked that link, and I didn't see anything too interesting, so I didn't comment. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. I'm always excited about new Alien figures.

"Any Alien fans out there?" Shocked

Tell me about it, Abake. This board seems dead. Most of the time I feel like I'm in an echo chamber. It seems that people stopped posting in August. What gives?

One other thing, why would you sell your Alien3 creature?
Facehugger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, the Alien from Alien3 was a damn poor representation of the species in general. Well, what would one expect considering the thing came from a dog? At least the creature matched the rest of the movie - a damn poor representation of the series. Anyway, if you don't want the whole line of Tsukuda Aliens, then I guess there is no reason to keep the figure. Personally, I'd never sell any of my collection, although trading is a possibility.

So, are there any pics of the new McFarlane Aliens? I wouldn't be surprised if they'll be wearing baseball caps and come with bats. Actually, the idea of an all Alien basketbal team is somewhat intriguing...

P.S. It sounds like your machine is having problems accepting cookies.
Facehugger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrettyWires!, Abake is referring to the sculpt of the Tsukuda Dog Alien, and not the McFarlane one. I agree that the Halcyion model is very nice. Actually, I like all of the Halcyion Alien models. I just don't like design of the Alien from Alien3 in general. When I think of the xenomorph, I imagine Giger's original creature from Alien. The xenomorphs in Aliens were good representations of the species as well. What the hell happened in Alien3? The Alien design in Alien Resurrection was better than Alien3, but they still weren't up to snuff, in my opinion. Here's a question. Why are all the Alien Resurrection Warrior figures maroon? (By the way, the McFarlane Alien Warrior is too "Spawned out" for my taste - that's just a bad figure). The Aliens in the movie looked black to me. What gives with all the red?
abake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, when speaking In Universe, most people tend to agree that aliens are all black, and that the props were just painted brown, blue or whatever to photograph better in the movies.
If you look at the dragon (or dog alien) in A3, when it steps up to Ripley in the infirmary, it is black. Also, when the warrior is dodging bullets on the staircase in A:R, it is black.
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: