Mags
Misc.
Stuff
Other
Sites
About &
Awards

Aliens Forum

Register Register   Memberlist Members   Profile Your Profile   Log in Log In/Out  
(Advanced)  
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens
THREAD: SEGA Alien statue   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dropshipbob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: SEGA Alien statue Reply with quote

Just got mine the other day from eBay. It's pretty cool, nice sculpt, maybe not 100% accurate, but it's still good. My only problem with it so far has been the pose. It leans off to one side, a remnant of the molding process I assume, nothing that a heat gun can't fix. Or is it?

I've hit that sucker with the heat gun about three times now, reposed him, then gave it a cold water bath to set it. And it keeps going back to it's old ways. I don't want to have to fill it with foam or plaster, like you would any other vinyl model...that would take away from it in my opinion.
And the tail is NOT bendable! Which you might figure by now, that would be the right thing to do with it, but not here. No big deal, just heat it, and bend it, hit it with cold water. Might not hold in exactly the pose you bend it into, but that's all you can do. No pictures of mine, and probably won't have any anytime soon. Just google it or do an eBay search, that should get you the pic fix you need. Smile
dropshipbob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily, I have the black one. It's what I would have wanted as that color represents it best. I thought I had kicked the leaning problem, but as the day progressed, it slowly started leaning backwards...got to the point where I had to lean him against my computer monitor to keep him from completely toppling over backwards! When I first got him assembled, I thought he was supposed to be slightly leaning to one side, to make a more asmetrical pose, but now...I don't know.
Anyway, I hit him with the heat gun again, and while he was all warm and squishy, I inserted the extra stabalizer rod into the base, got him all situated and left him to cool like that over night. He still has a slight lean to one side, but he looks better than he did.
For some reason, he hands, feet and head look especially nice...although the dome seems to enclose the very back-end of his head, which seems odd, and not film accurate. Even though it seems to be missing "some" detail on the head, the dome and whats underneath looks really nice. They did a good job of smoking the dome.

Don't get me wrong now, I'm glad to have it. Being a fan brings out the nit-picker in me. This is a great piece!
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: