Mags
Misc.
Stuff
Other
Sites
About &
Awards

Aliens Forum

Register Register   Memberlist Members   Profile Your Profile   Log in Log In/Out  
(Advanced)  
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens
THREAD: DELETED   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah,I've heard of that place,seen it advertised in a magazine,but the ad they had showed really boring stuff like "Spoon used by extra #567 in James Bond" and stuff like that,I never even considered they,d have great stuff like that,thanks for the pointer... Very Happy
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds mint! ill check it out!
Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to England (Westminster, actually) back in February of 2004 on a trip with a touring group. When I was there, there was this Alien display inside a shop window where the poster took up a whole wall; it had to have been ten feet tall. there were three life-sized eggs sitting in front of it and there were one to two foot pictures of scenes from the movie hanging all over the place. Another time, while we were on a double-decker bus, one of my friends named TJ turned to me and said he saw "a Xenomorph skeleton" in a shop window that we'd just passed. First off, this guy is stupid; he's been homeschooled practically his whole life and rarely even got a glimpse of America's culture. To put it in perspective, me and my friends had to explain who Spawn and just about every other character from everything else was to this guy. He had never seen Predator, any of the Aliens, Terminator, Jaws, heck, you name it he'd never seen or heard about it. Anyway, I think to myself "Skeleton? He must have see a life-sized foam replica of the Alien suit or something". So, I start to ask him some more specific questions about it and sure enough, it sounded like a life-sized, full replica (did I mention he was stupid). I had to see it, I wanted to see it, but the bus didn't stop until some time later, and I didn't feel like going shopping like the other four days we'd done (everything was so expensive and there was really nothing I wanted to buy; all there was was fur coats and yellow shoes). I decide to go to the London Zoo with a friend of mine named Ted, because I had never seen it. I get back with the group and come to find out that TJ and everybody else walked to that store and stopped and looked at it and took pictures, the whole nine yards. I was so upset! Everybody knows that I'm the biggest Alien fan around and all of these other people, like TJ, who have no clue what the freak it is get to see it and stand next to it. Later on, I ran out from my hotel to try and find this thing, but I couldn't remember what street the bus turned down so I turned back and went to the hotel. Everybody was worried and searching for me, but I made it back fine. The next day we flew back to America, and I have never been TJ's friend since.
Lt Gez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unlucky man! maybee next time
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the result of being asked "Write about what you did at the weekend" when at school...
By the way I don't suppose you got to see the photos did you? Of the shop expedition i mean.. Very Happy
Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's another thing, TJ said he'd give me the pictures, but he never did. One of my closer friends who went said it was the design from Resurrection. I started to ask even more specific questions about it and that's when I was convinced it was truly from Resurrection (because your average person can't tell the difference unless you lined each alien up side by side with signs denoting which is which). My trustworthy friend confirmed to me from his description that it was indeed from Resurrection. However, that summer, I saw something even better. I believe the thread is still there, but I got to see one of the actual Alien costumes from the movie Aliens. That was like my own little vengeance against him!
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All Things Aliens Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: