Mags
Misc.
Stuff
Other
Sites
About &
Awards

Aliens Forum

Register Register   Memberlist Members   Profile Your Profile   Log in Log In/Out  
(Advanced)  
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All the rest
THREAD: Pledge Unconstitutional?   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falz
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:48 pm    Post subject: Pledge Unconstitutional? Reply with quote

Well, there seems to be much debate about this. Hell, maddox has a page bitching about it. I've not really voiced an opinion about this with anyone but my woman, who things I'm whack. I've been waiting for this to happen for sooo long. Perhaps now they'll take "In god we trust" off of the dollar-bill.

I must admit that while I do agree with this decision, I don't believe I would have bothered to bring it to the courts. With this large influx of politically correctness in the past seven-or-so-years, it's all just got to END; and I think it will soon.

Do we really need to outlaw pull strings on coats because one fucking idiot strangles themselves?

Do we need to outlaw aluminum bats because they can hit a ball faster than 97mph, potentially putting the pitcher in the situation where he cannot defend himself quickly enough?

I strongly believe that the constitution needs to be ammended a 28th time to outlaw stupid-assed lawsuits such as the above, and other even more ridiculous things- suing because you spilled hot coffee on your crotch.[/list]
Yojimbo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow for once I actually agree with Maddox
corporal_hicks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:24 am    Post subject: pledge... whateva.. Reply with quote

i dunno. i myself am sick of propaganda entirely. The pledge of allegence is full of shit anyways, hardly any student takes it seriously. I remember i saluted to the pledge in 8th grade (a long time ago in a land far, far away) and i got sent to the principals office cuz the teacher was jewish and thought i was doing a hail hitler thingy. Little did he know my greatgrandmother was jewish and that i wasnt doing that, and he got screamed on... hahaha... but anywayz, whats the purpose? all of us come from abroad some how, why are we trying to forget our roots? I think thats wat the pledge does, and if it goes byebye, who's gonna notice?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yojimbo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if ya don't like the pledge then just stand there and remain silent.. that's what i always did. It's not saying "Go to church you sinners" and it's not even religious..

it's only 2 fuckin words at that, just skip em when saying it or something.. what we don't need are more jackasses in the world pulling up petty things like this.. In the 70s someone tried to do a case on the money thing where it says 'In God We Trust'. The court just laughed at him. And back then he'd get his ass kicked but today.. what that guy deserves who's doing this pledge this is get his ass kicked big time.
corporal_hicks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: on that same note... Reply with quote

me and my friends were talking about that very same thing on the dollar bills... in god we trust... ya think that they are gonna raise that issue again?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yojimbo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

likely, they'll throw anyone who tries to bring it up into the pit

"Into the pit with those bloodthirsty sons of whores!"
corporal_hicks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:32 pm    Post subject: well... Reply with quote

all i hafto say to that, is THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
falz
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: well... Reply with quote

corporal_hicks wrote:

HAHA!
falz
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: well... Reply with quote

corporal_hicks wrote:

HAHA!
Alien Collector's Homeworld Forum Index -> All the rest Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: